Thursday, June 2, 2011

Arcade Fun

I didn't actually go to an arcade last night. I just went to Post-Roman Britain. Why did I name this post that, you ask? You... didn't ask? Oh, okay then. I'll tell you anyway. I named it that because for six months, I built up a little war party and just went pillaging. I didn't bother inventing any new technology, or taking over the world, or anything special. Me and my little war party just went around having fun.

It started out with just a few adventurous young men who wanted to know what war was like. Their families were to poor to spare them, so I paid them with some money I had "acquired", enough to last each family probably 2 or 3 years, then we went on our way. At first I trained them hard, then we went after bandits and stuff. A few bandits joined, we hired a few more poor peasants, a few mercanaries later on, ect.

Eventually it got to the point where we just roamed. We had over 30 in the warparty, and all of these guys were elite or at least pretty darn close. Simple, arcade like fun these fights were. Just fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment